Wednesday, October 20, 2010
God made the earth,sun , moon , planets , birds , animals, humans and all living beings and then he created............ Rajanikanth. I recently received a mail from one of my colleagues and would like to share it with anyone who has been following my blog.
Also after having witnessed the "fanatic fan - following "this man enjoys... even in an isolated Perth city...I am forced to beleive he is indeed god's chosen child .......A Marathi by birth , a conductor in Karantaka and today the King of Indian Moviedom.
What I mention below is not for the purpose of hurting anyone's emotions ....please read it in a light spirit..No offence as these are not my ideas:)And to be honest I like rajnikanth movies ....he takes us to a world where we mortals cannot think of reaching ...Afterall who can think of a 60 year old man romancing the Miss World with grace ....
So here we go :-------------
1. Rajinikanth killed the Dead Sea.
2. When Rajinikanth does push-ups, he isn't lifting himself up. ...He is pushing the earth down.
3. There is no such thing as evolution, it's just a list of creatures that Rajinikanth allowed to live.
4. Rajinikanth gave Mona Lisa that smile.
5 .Rajnikanth can divide by zero.
6. Rajinikanth can judge a book by it's cover.
7. Rajinikanth can drown a fish.
8. Rajinikanth can delete the Recycle Bin.
9. Rajinikanth once got into a fight with a VCR player. Now it plays DVDs.
10. Rajinikanth can slam a revolving door.
11. Rajinikanth once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants are today called giraffes.
12. Rajinikanth once ordered a plate of idli in McDonald's, and got it.
13. Rajinikanth can win at Solitaire with only 18 cards.
14. The Bermuda Triangle used to be the Bermuda Square, until Rajinikanth kicked one of the corners off.
15. Rajinikanth can build a snowman out of rain.
16. Rajinikanth can strangle you with a cordless phone.
17. Rajinikanth can make onions cry.
18. Rajinikanth destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
19. Rajinikanth can watch the show 60 minutes in 20 minutes.
20. Rajinikanth has counted to infinity, twice.
21. Rajinikanth will attain separate statehood in 2013.
22. Rajinikanth did in fact, build Rome in a day.
23. Rajinikanth once got into a knife-fight. The knife lost.
24. Rajinikanth can play the violin with a piano.
25. Rajinikanth never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself in fear.
26. The only man who ever outsmarted Rajinikanth was Stephen Hawking, and he got what he deserved.
27. Rajinikanth can talk about Fight Club.
28. Rajinikanth doesn't breathe. Air hides in his lungs for protection.
29. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Rajinikanth lives in Chennai.
30. Rajinikanth kills Harry Potter in the eighth book.
31. Rajinikanth does not own a stove, oven, or microwave, because revenge is a dish best served cold.
32. Rajinikanth has already been to Mars, that's why there are no signs of life there.
33. Rajinikanth doesn't move at the speed of light. Light moves at the speed of Rajinikanth.
34. Rajinikanth knows Victoria's secret.
35. Water boils faster when Rajinikanth stares at it.
36. Rajinikanth can throw the Thackerays out of Mumbai.
37. Rajinikanth kills two stones with one bird.
38. Google won't find Rajinikanth because you don't find Rajinikanth; Rajinikanth finds you.
39. Rajinikanth gave the Joker those scars.
40. Rajinikanth leaves messages before the beep.
41. Rajinikanth once warned a young girl to be good "or else". The result? Mother Teresa.
42. Rajinikant electrocuted Iron Man.
43. Rajinikanth killed Spiderman using Baygon Anti Bug Spray.
44. Rajinikanth can make PCs better than the Mac.
45. Rajinikanth puts the 'laughter' in manslaughter.
46. Rajinikanth goes to court and sentences the judge.
47. Rajinikanth can handle the truth.
48. Rajinikanth can speak Braille.
49. Rajinikanth can dodge Chuck Norris' roundhouse kicks.
50. Rajinikanth can teach an old dog new tricks.
51. Rajinikanth calls Voldemort by his name.
52. Who do you think taught Voldemort Parseltongue? Rajinikanth did.
53. Chuck Norris once met Rajinikanth. The result - He was reduced to a joke on the internet.
54. Rajinikanth got small pox when he was a kid. As a result small pox is now eradicated.
55. Rajinikanth’s calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Rajanikanth.
56. Rajinikanth grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.
57. The last time Rajinikanth killed someone, he slapped himself to do it. The other guy just disintegrated. Resonance.
58. Rajinikanth once had a heart attack. His heart lost.
59. Rajinikant is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
60. Rajinikanth can run at speed of light around a tree and screw himself.
61.Rajinikant can lick his elbows.
62. Rajinikant once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
63. Rajinikant does not get frostbite. Rajnikant bites frost.
64. Rajinikant doesn’t wear a watch. He decides what time it is.
65. Rajinikant got his drivers license at the age of 16 seconds.
66. When you say “no one is perfect”, Rajinikant takes this as a personal insult.
67. In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Rajinikanth could use to kill you, including the room itself.
68. Words like awesomeness, brilliance, legendary etc. were added to the dictionary in the year 1949. That was the year Rajinikanth was born.
69. The statement "nobody can cheat death", is a personal insult to Rajnikanth. Rajni cheats and fools death everyday.
70. When Rajnikanth is asked to kill some one he doesn't know, he shoots the bullet and directs it the day he finds out.
71. Rajinikant can give pain to Painkillers and headache to Anacin.
72. Rajinikanth knows what women really want.
73. Time and tide wait for Rajinikanth.
74. Rajinikanth sneezed only once in his entire life, that's when the tsunami occurred in the Indian ocean.
75. As a child when Rajinikanth had dyslexia, he simply re-scripted the alphabet.
76. Rajinikanth collects Honey from his private Moon - HoneyMoon.
77. Rajinikanth can answer a missed call.
78. Rajinikanth doesn't need a visa to travel abroad, he just jumps from the tallest building in Chennai and holds himself in the air while the earth rotates.
79. Rajinikanth's brain works faster than Chacha Chaudhury's.
80. Rajinikanth doesn't shower. He only takes blood baths.
81. To be or not to be? That is the question. The answer? Rajinikanth.
82. The quickest way to a man's heart is with Rajinikanth's fist.
83. Where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is Rajinikanth, there is no other way.
84. Rajinikanth's every step creates a mini whirlwind. Hurricane Katrina was the result of a morning jog.
85. Rajinikant doesn’t bowl strikes, he just knocks down one pin and the other nine faint out of fear.
86. Archaeologists unearthed an old English dictionary dating back to the year 1236. It defined “victim” as “one who has encountered Rajinikant”.
87. There is no such thing as global warming. Rajinikanth was feeling cold, so brought the sun closer to heat the earth up.
88. Once a cobra bit Rajinikanth' leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
89. Rajinikanth is a champion in the game "Hide n' seek", as no one can hide from Rajinikanth.
90. Rajinikant proves Newton wrong all the time. Every time he performs an action, he simply eliminates anything and everything that can provide the reaction.
91. Rajinikant is a weapon created by God to use on doomsday to end the world.
92. Aliens do indeed exist. They just know better than to visit a planet that Rajinikanth is on.
93. We live in an expanding universe. All of it is trying to get away from Rajinikanth.
94. If at first you don't succeed, you're not Rajinikanth.
95. Rajinikanth's first job was as a bus conductor. There were no survivors.
96. Rajinikanth does not style his hair. It lays perfectly in place out of sheer terror.
97. When Rajinikanth plays Monopoly, it affects the actual world economy.
98. Rajinikanth is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
99. Rajinikanth's house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.
100. Rajnikanth doesn’t answer nature’s call nature answers Rajnikanth’s call.
101. Rajnikanth can double click 2 icons at the same time.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Defeated Again......Rejected again...
Proved Unlucky in love ....
Here stands alone the Casanova who fearlessly swept women by their feet
Defeated again.... Rejected again ...
Wonder how you will save the blushes of the ever punishing planets
From the S's whom you shared your limelight one time
Wept and Cursed you as they left ...
Go hither you may but defeated you will be ..said they
And here you are Defeated again ...rejected again
Even the Balancing act of Sugar in Guruvayur cudnt save you ...
Cursed you are ....Defeated you are....
You may be the most eligible man around
But you are cursed by the tears of the women who wept for you ....
Defeated you Are........Rejected you are... And now Isolated you are ....
Monday, August 30, 2010
Its been exactly thirteen months after my arrival at Perth.I finally celebrated by birthday ....... after a gap of four years...I think I have overcome the curse of Stuts finally .....I was cursed by her for having forgotten her birthday....And ever since I never had opprtunity to celebrate this occassion ...and always had reasons to feel unwanted for during this occasion as well as during the biggest Puja of Bengal .... Last four years I was never at home ... was always out ...but even colleagues never came to know my birthday ... even if they kept track of it .... Someway or the other this occassion would be slipped out ....
As fate would have it I actually celebrated this occassion thrice this time .....One day before at work place when colleagues graced the occassion in a memorable way .... had cut the cake ..... then back at home when room mates once again celebrated it ... and finally the next day when a close friend requested me to celebrate this occassion once again ....
Well Perth , I have reasons to remember you for a lifetime.Last one year was indeed eventful ..so many people .... so many moments ....so many thoughts ...My Failures,my success ...... lots to recount...
Next week I travel back to India for a two week vacation .....and as I travel I must also remember that a wedding of a close friend will get over before I step on Indian soil....Thus a sangeet which was supposed to have been composed for me will be someone else's .....but the Australian flag and beach sand I keep just for you ..... as it is indeed tough to forget some people even if you have never met them ................
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Though we all know we cannot come anywhere close to what South Africa had succeded in doing ... yet I knew India would definately come out with an event which would definately make our neighbouring foes envy us.
As I closely watch reports and updates about how the Commonwealth expenses have been blouted only to fill the pockets of officials handling it ......from top to bottom,I wonder how big an enemy CORRUPTION is for my India.When Britishers ruled us ... we knew who all our enemy were .... but Corruption ...this devil can exist anywhere from top to bottom and you cannot spot it with naked eyes .....We are all subjected to the atrocities of this devil that has enslaved India once again ...
Suresh Kalmadi may keep protesting and declaring he is innocent but every onlooker knows that this whole CWG nautyanki is nothing but a bundle of corruption and dishonesty....inflated bills ....poor quality materials imagine anything related to corruption and you will find it all here.....
In the heart of hearts Iam pretty optimistic to believe that in true Indian fashion we will manage to ride over all the obstacles in the 11th hour and the Games will not be the fiasco that our Television news anchors and newspaper or magazine columnists have been declaring.But I do believe that it is high time we think of some strong laws to arrest and kill this big evil we have in India - CORRUPTION.
Though I know this will never happen because for passing such a bill in Parliament, will need honest people ..... A LAW which sentences a DEATH PENALTY to a person who is found guilty of corruption is the need of the hour.
The allegations — kickbacks, needless commissions to mysterious off-shore companies, forged letters, unexplained payments to non-existent London firms, inflated purchase figures, etc. — is so great that no denials will seem convincing. Clearly a lot of people have got very rich out of these Games.
With ugly worms tumbling out everyday, the organisers of the Games have now started blackmailing. We may be crooks, they say, but if you act against us then this could endanger the Games which are only a few weeks away. So like it or not, you are stuck with us.
Any action against the crooks may have to wait till the Games are over. The racketeers are hoping that, in classic Indian style, if the Games go off relatively well, we will forget about these charges.And public memory is indeed short and we will forget everything in sheer ecstacy and joy of the success of this Game .... and the crooks will go scot free again waiting for their next prestigous assinment when they would again have inflated bills of 4000 INR for a roll of toilet paper.......
There should be CBI enquiry into all details and a death penalty should be given to all accused.Our hard earned money is lying in the personal accounts of the scoundrel officials.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Yesterday watched Rajneeti at Carousel ..... Thanks to Chris he persuaded me to accompany him and we made it to this hall.Its been almost a year and gosh !! I reallized Ive never been to Carousel even once before......Well Piccadelly was too close so had reasons to avoid a far off mall.Must however say that Indian INOXes or Theaters are definately at par with the best at any point of time.In Europe , in Africa and now Australia .....India must be back in whichever area ....when it comes to watching movies we are still at par with any of the other countries.....Reasons big enough for the Bollywood Industry which keeps thriving and boosting the Indian economy in a big way......
Ahh ..coming back to rajneeti I must say its a purely influenced out of mahabharata.Obviously I liked it because Mahbharata has always influenced me.Ajay Devgan who plays a role similar to Danveer Karna attracts pethos and sympathy in one.There were'nt any specific reasons to hate Manoj Bajpai's role. He plays Duryodhanas role in this movie , Ranbir plays Arjuna and Nana plays Krishna ( I remember he was named Brij Mohan )...Ahh forgot to mention Arjun Rampal ...he plays the ever snobbish and immoral Bhima and sexy Katrina plays a role simliar to Draupadi always being shared by brothers.....
The ending was as expected but then the ending looked more like a forced one .... with Prakash Jha hell bent on delivering immediate results to the anti hero.Perhaps he was too influenced by Mhabharatand time was a constraint..... All in all I would say the movie is watchable at least once for sure.
And before I end this topic I would like to mention that Duryodhana was not as bad as projected in our Television serials and Bhima was anyday the snobbish and unruly person.Kunti was a characterless lady and Arjuna was a successful person just because of the blessings of the Lord.Karna was always the best persona both in warfare and character alike...And just to add about Duryodhana's benevolence ..... Dont forget he was the only one among everyone who accepted and befriended a Suth Putra(Shudra or lower caste).... So who do you think is the justified emperor ? Yudhishtra or Duryodhana.....And yes of course the root cause for the battle was a woman - Draupadi who insulted and tauntingly referred to Duryodhana as a blind man's son who is also blind....... She is the real vamp......
Friday, May 14, 2010
Success has never been a slave of another person like it has been for this one man – Amitabh Bachchan.I have been a diehard fan of this 6 feet 2 inches tall man ever since I was five years of age. I worshipped him like a god. My parents were also fans of this charismatic man.
If on a Friday his movie released my mother would insist father to book the tickets in advance for Sunday matinee, lest there was every chance of us to not even manage tickets in black at the last ,moment as the rush would be profound. Everything related to Amitabh appealed to me.I would often insist my parents to buy me his postcards(worth 50 paise those days)……. … would claim Iam Amitabh myself …………. Would try and buy shirts or T shirts having similar shades as worn by Amitabh in his last movie ( Could not get his costumes ..size mattered)…..would wait to hear a song on the radio which was picturized on my beloved demi god…..would run upstairs to our landlord’s house to watch the Wednesday Chitrahaar to catch a glimpse of my hero expecting his songs to be played ….I was really crazy …………..So much so that my parents found a new means to make me have the vegetables I hated having …… My dad deliberately declared that pumpkin was the favourite vegetable of Amitabh and I would innocently start consuming it though I hated it the most …….. I was given to believe that Amitabh was strong and tall just because he had pumpkins ……. I realize these were mere stories as I am only 5’9 and several inches shorter than this maestro …………..
My Amitabh- Bhakti was profound ,at least among our known people, that they even to this day call me Amitabh ….(I feel very embaressed when I see people turning around to see who this new Amitabh is and contempt fully turn around their heads…….).Each time he cried in his movies I wept,each time he bashed the goons I would wait to get my turn and pray my strength also gets transferred to my hero so that he could give stronger blows to his opponent……….
Not many are aware of the fact that a series of comics were released in the mid eighties to encash the fame of this hero.Diamond Comics had launched “ Supremo”.Gulzar was supposedly the Script Consultant of the series.However the series of Supremo was short lived and did not run for a long time. The attire of Supremo was unconventional.Unlike Superman couture of undies-over-tights Supremo has a piece of brown cloth draped coyly around his waist, held there by a hip-holster. What is thrilling though is the fact that everywhere Amitabh’s face is drawn in these frozen, movie-poster kind of expressions, as if it was copied from various photos and stills. Very sweetly, the issue also has a letter from Amitabh to the kids thanking them for their support during his illness.
I dedicate this post to my hero whom I worship even to this date.I have managed to get some rare collections of his photos which I would like to share with all of you ……
Thursday, May 13, 2010
This made me think for a really long while.Infact I am still thinking ………….We always proudly announce the bravery of our ancestors who valiantly fought battles against the princes or empires which tried to enslave them. The conceited attitude of our silver screen Indian hero who singlehandedly managed to uproot the Pakistani forces in movie Gadar showed how much rebellious we can be. Yet in reality we common Indians are actually cowards not ready to brave the challenge of an opponent.Perhaps this has something to do with the mental set up where one feels he or she is weaker than the other person whom he is confronting.
However our epics provide historical evidence to our warfare skills and also mention about the most devastating weapons used during those days.Certain weapons such as the Brahmastra were as strong as the Nuclear Weapons which have only been invented by Americans in the last decade.While a group of scholars may disgree to what I just said there is enough evidence to show that the epic Mahabharat and Ramayan were only a part of our history and not just a story out of someone’s pregnant mind.
More importantly India was traditionally rich in "martial arts" which includes dhanurveda , literally the "science of archery", śastravidyā , literally "knowledge of the sword".The Vishnu Purana text describes dhanurveda as one of the traditional eighteen branches of "applied knowledge" or upaveda..The historical form of wrestling is called mallayuddha in the north and malyutham in the south.
In contemporary India, major martial arts styles practiced are Kalaripayattu in Kerala, Southern India (an umbrella term for diverse armed and unarmed styles), and Pehlwani wrestling in Northern India. Notable regional styles include thang-ta from Manipur and gatka from the Punjab region.
I have myself undergone some training in certain forms of self defence and feel every Indian should undergo a basic training in some form of martial art to bolster his self-confidence. The education of today only trains ones mind for the virtual world but not for the actual world where any form of threat may be encountered by an individual.Moreover gyms promote body building but cannot build the mind.
Verma Kalai and Kalaripyuttu have specifically impressed upon me. Varma ati or Marma ati is a form of martial art which involves martial art based on attacking sensitive pressure points of the human body. On the other hand Kalarippayattu is one of the oldest fighting systems in existence, it is still practiced in Kerala and contiguous parts of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka as well as northeastern Sri Lanka and among the Malayalee community of Malaysia. This martial art was practiced primarily by the martial castes like Nairs of Kerala.
Kalaripayuttu includes strikes, kicks, grappling, preset forms, weaponry and healing methods. Believed to have been introduced by Lord Parasurama who is said to have retrieved Kerala from the sea, this martial art was taken across to China by a South Indian Buddhist monk, Bodhi Dharma who incidentally, invented Zen Buddhism.Hence Kung Fu and other forms of Chinese martial arts have their origin in Kalaripayuttu.
Inspite of being the master of all martial arts at one time, today India can hardly boast of any Martial Art School promoting Kalaripayattu or Verma Kalai.Apparently, we may occassionally spot a Karate or Kung Fu training school in city locations however.
It is important to inculcate in all citizens of HINDUSTHAN the need to learn self defense techniques.The Government should ideally take a few steps to promote the Indian Martial Arts.Why do we need to adopt Chinese Martial Arts when we have better and more fierce self defense arts at our own backyard. More importantly the Government should take steps to include martial arts a compulsory subject in every education institute a child goes to.Every citizen should have the RIGHT TO BE BRAVE ....RIGHT TO SELF DEFEND just like the RIGHT TO SPEECH……………….
Introducing myself reminds me about my early school days at Paul's when our Anglo teacher would ask us to write an essay about "Myself".All of us would be confused scribbling our names and counting on the people whom we stay with and then borrowing ideas from the person sitting next to us.
Today Iam starting this blog after someone very close persuaded me to start it.I must say this blog is a dedication to the bond of friendship I share with the master specialist of method madness.
I , Me , Myself .......... DeepS.... naam tho suna nahin hoga .... Afterall I am no star ...no super human ..... no... Kriish .... no Dark Knight ......Just a simple Keralite born in Kolkata, travelling all over the world and has good and evil in him like any other common man.YET IAM DIFFERENT !!
As the blog matures I am sure you will realize that if every child is special(reference to Taare Zameen Par) ..... then every child grows up to be special ........... :)
The good the bad the ugly ... all in I , ME and MYSELF is all set to start from today............................................................................................................................